February 12, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics: Go Team USA!

Well the 2010 Winter Olympics officially kick off this evening with the opening ceremonies. We'll be hosting an olympic party at our house this evening to watch the opening ceremony with friends. One of the couples coming has a 2 month old baby. Naturally he needed a special outfit to wear for his first olympics, so I made him this onesie. Go team USA!

I used my Cricut to cut out the circles, and learned some very valuable lessons about using the it to cut fabric. Luckily I found a great video on YouTube that gave me some awesome pointers. I ironed all of the shapes and then hand stitched them on.




Update 2/13/2010: Kudos to Alie and her super creative dessert that she brought over for everyone. I had a table of foods from all different countries. Mini tacos for Mexico, perogies for Poland, a pizza dip for Italy, baguettes for France, and a Canada Day flag cake for Canada. Alie's Olympic-ring-inspired fruit pizza was the perfect addition! And her son looked way too cute in his olympic onesie!

No comments:

Post a Comment